Generated Sat Nov 27 12:30:11 US/Pacific 2010
Updated Sun Dec 5 10:58:53 PST 2010
- Check my Amazon wish list. This year I have only put books and music in my Amazon list. Make sure the word Unpurchased is in the Show box. Then sort by price high to low. A high priority item that is priced low makes a good pick for a low budget Christmas. The items in this list I most want are the two HTML 5 books.
- Underwear, Hanes jockey shorts size 40 and Hanes T-shirts size large. Here is example of my kind of undershirt that I need in size LARGE. Here is the jockey shorts example that in need in size XLARGE.
- A package of ground STARBUCKS Daily HORIZONS Blend, mild Latin American coffee. In the past, I have been ask what kind or shape coffee filter do you use, and this information told the person who did the grinding what kind of a grind to do. We do not use the filters that come to a point. Our filters look like these which are straight across the bottom.
As for finding this Daily HORIZONS Blend, I have not found it at Krogers or Walmart, but searching with Google I found it on Bizrate, which pointed to drugstore.com
The reason for insisting on this blend, is I found a old package of it in the icebox. The pot of coffee I made tasted better than any coffee I have ever had. Why this happened, we really do not know, but we do want to try an repeat making that great cup of coffee.
- A box of STARBUCKS VIA mild and/or some of the flavored VIA. My favorites from most to least is mocha, caramel, cinnamon and vanilla.
- A bright head mounted light (not sure about glare) to read with at night. The lamps etc., are just not good enough. For example, something like this headlamp from ADVANCEDMART
- Bausch & Lomb Hastings Triplet 10X or 14X This is for exaniming rocks.
- Some kind of magnifier that clips onto my spectacles. The on at the URL is an exampl that is not expensive. This is more of an expirment to see if I can go something to make my reading a little easier, and if I have to abondon it, it will be easier on a lower cost item. Having said that, one of these that was adjustable on the holder that sticks out and holds the magnifier. I have seen a combination light and magnifier that hangs around ones neck and rest on the chest. Right now, I think a head mounted comfortable light and if it was needed, seperate magnifier would work best for me. But, I do not know for sure.
- A 3ft or longer HDMI cable Type A or B, HDMI 1.0 specification
Although not all the type and version data is obvious, I am sure this one on Amazon will work fine and is not expensive. CMET referenced below is the source of this URL.
- Quick Guide: HDMI and HDMI cables High-Definition Multimedia Interface
- You should never pay more than $10 for a standard six-foot HDMI cable. The reference to Amazon is down toward the end of the page.
- Connectors: Type A is what I need, a type B would be OK but is likely more expensive and not necessary for my current setup. The other types have different connectors and would not work.